Welcome to the 15 Minute Fiduciary!
Thank you for starting the 15 Minute Fiduciary course! We are thrilled to have you here with us. We hope you will find the content helpful in strengthening your understanding of all things fiduciary.
This course is divided into 17 bite-sized lessons or “units,” each of which is approximately 15 minutes in length. The purpose of this innovative, self-paced course is to educate and guide you through the various fiduciary rules under ERISA, the law governing your retirement plan, while also sharing helpful tips and best practices. Even if you are an experienced fiduciary, it is always good to show that you have completed continuing education annually. After taking the course, you should be able to apply the skills, tools, and information learned to comply with your fiduciary duties and the requirements pertaining to retirement plan operation and administration.
Included in this course are several helpful attachments that you can customize and use, which are accessible via the Materials tab of the course, as well as within each respective lesson.
- High quality education from top ERISA attorneys
- Learn at your own pace when it’s convenient for you
- Gain an understanding of regulatory rules and responsibilities to help minimize fiduciary risk
- Fidelity bond, or “ERISA bond” discount of 10% from Colonial Surety upon completing all units and quiz questions
- Progression: Starting with Unit 1, advance through the course one unit at a time by watching the full lesson and then completing the corresponding quiz questions.
- Continue through the course at a pace that is comfortable for you. Take your time with each unit to ensure you have mastered its content, and answer all quiz questions before moving to the next unit. We encourage you to spend time after each unit to apply the attachments and concepts learned to your work.
- Completion: Once you have completed all units and answered all quiz questions, you will receive a certificate of completion, which you should save in your records. You will also receive a course completion email that provides a link which can be used to apply the 10% discount during registration for a new ERISA bond policy with Colonial Surety.
- Feedback: To assist in the continuous improvement of our training program, upon completing the course please complete our brief evaluation survey to share your course experience and any suggestions you may have for us. We greatly appreciate your feedback!
Disclaimer: This course is designed to provide general education and should not be construed as tax or legal advice for any attendee/viewer. The course and its supporting materials are purely for educational purposes and do not guarantee any particular outcome from an interaction with a government agency, such as the Internal Revenue Service or the Department of Labor, nor is this course designed to prevent any potential legal action against the plan or its fiduciaries. Participation in this course does not create an attorney-client relationship between Ferenczy Benefits Law Center and the attendee/viewer. Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is likely that successful completion of The 15-Minute Fiduciary will demonstrate your efforts to educate yourself and understand your fiduciary duties.
- Posted by Ferenczy Benefits Law Center
- On August 26, 2022